According to research by Infonetics, IT downtime costs businesses $100 million annually in North America alone, which is why it pays to invest wisely in physical and environmental monitoring technology.
APC by Schneider Electric™ NetBotz physical infrastructure and environmental monitoring delivers total peace of mind for data centres and server rooms
Keep your data centre, server room or critical infrastructure system safe and secure with NetBotz environmental monitoring
Protect your data centre and critical IT infrastructure from physical and environmental threats with APC™ NetBotz
Physical and environmental threats can include excessive heat, humidity, vibration, water leaks, fire and theft, as well as risk of human error by both employees and visitors. Having carefully studied all the available environmental monitoring systems we believe that APC™ NetBotz offers an industry-leading solution to help protect you from downtime.
At the core of NetBotz are intelligent sensors, which aggregate data from physical security, monitoring systems and security cameras. The NetBotz range includes wired and wireless heat, humidity, vibration, door, moisture and fire sensors as well as cameras that can be easily configured to deliver real-time alerts to mobile devices. They are quick to scale, offering protection for any type of IT environment; from the smallest edge computing systems, wiring closets and server rooms, to the largest and most complex data centres.
Scaling your physical and environmental monitoring has never been easier. Simply increase the number of cameras and sensors as your IT environment and security needs expand. NetBotz Rack Access Control also ensures only authorised people have access to your IT hardware and creates a full audit trail to ensure full regulatory compliance.
APC by Schneider Electric NetBotz
Protect your data centre and critical IT infrastructure from physical and environmental threats
APC NetBotz 750
NetBotz 750 offers an active environmental monitoring solution designed to protect against physical threats and unauthorised access risks that can cause downtime within data centre and edge environments.
With its integrated suite of sensors, access control pods, and the newly introduced HD Camera Pod 165, the NetBotz 750 safeguards environments with surveillance and flexible alerts based on user-definable thresholds.
Compute is quickly moving closer to the edge, increasing the risks of human error, water damage, high temperature, humidity, fire or other conditions bringing down business-critical applications.
Intentional or malicious access not only threatens IT availability, it also leaves enterprises vulnerable to costly compliance violations.
NetBotz 750 provides integrated sensing, surveillance, and badged rack-access control to help mitigate these risks through a wide array of compatible sensors, video capture/storage, and configurable alarms.
At a glance
- Manages up to four cameras, 47 wireless sensors, 78 wired sensors and badge access control for 13 racks through access control pods
- New HD camera pod 165
- Flexible alerts based on user-definable thresholds – email or SNMP
- Badged rack-access control
- Camera clip capture and storage
- Integrates with Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT, APC racks and all NetBotz sensors
- Secure web-UI management
APC NetBotz 755
APC NetBotz 755 provides integrated surveillance, sensing, access control, and advanced alerting for mission-critical IT environments of all sizes.
NetBotz 755 are most effective where IT rack space is unavailable, and enable users to detect and record motion while allowing a visual record to be paired with an access or environmental alert, which speeds up root cause analysis.
NetBotz 755 also offer physical access control and native wireless sensor support, enabling IT Professionals to manage up to 47 NetBotz wireless temperature and humidity sensors from a single APC NetBotz application.
APC NetBotz Product Compatibility Chart
At a glance
- Its 1-Port POE Switch delivers a true and built-in private network switch for use with NetBotz Camera Pod 165 (NBPD0165) or other downstream IP devices
- Offers easy Integration with APC racks, NetBotz sensors, and Schneider Electric Data Centre Expert for easy deployment, configuration, and management
- Provides flexibility and adaptability via the environmental monitoring solution, the rack-access control solution, or a combination of both
- Increased HD camera support offers users the capability to include the new HD, Low Light Camera Pod 165 (NBPD0165)
APC NetBotz 250
NetBotz 250 is a smart appliance, which aggregates data from NetBotz cameras and sensors. It offers a cost-effective and flexible environmental monitoring solution for IT environments, edge computing systems and large data centres.
With six on-board ports connecting various wired sensors, including temperature, temp/humidity, smoke, and spot fluid detection sensors, the NetBotz appliance protects your critical computing equipment from environmental threats and downtime.
Native support for NetBotz sensors allows for a rapid deployment of your monitoring solution. Additional features like integration with Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT next generation data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) and user-defined alerts make NetBotz 250 the perfect solution to protect your IT assets.
At a glance
- Complete with six on-board ports for connecting various wired sensors including temperature, humidity, smoke and spot fluid detection sensors
- Native support allows for rapid deployment
- Integrates with Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT
- 24/7 user defined alerts
APC NetBotz Sensors
APC by Schneider Electric offers a wide range of plug-and-play access, physical and environmental sensors, which are available for use with the NetBotz family. NetBotz pods and external sensors complete your monitoring solution by providing a comprehensive picture of any critical IT environment.
Versions of the following sensors are available within the NetBotz range:
- Wireless temperature and humidity sensor
- Wireless temperature sensor
- APC temperature and humidity sensor
- APC alarm beacon
- APC temperature and humidity sensor with display
- Spot fluid sensor
- Door switch sensor
- Dry contact cable
- Vibration sensor
- Smoke sensor
- Leak rope sensor
Schneider Electric NetBotz Rack Access
APC by Schneider Electric NetBotz Rack Access delivers rack direct access control, surveillance and environmental monitoring all in a single view.
This solution is fully integrated and scalable with mass configuration, enabling remote and local access control for Schneider Electric, APC and third-party components. It seamlessly integrates with NetBotz, providing a single interface for management and control of rack access privileges, as well as surveillance and environmental monitoring.
The Rack Access Pod connects via A-Link and mounts in the rack basement, maximizing space usage. Mass configuration of up to 130 doors makes large data centre deployments easy, and because it uses the NetBotz architecture, it saves IP address and their associated costs, while integrating with Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT.
Further, HID technology and proximity cards enable integration with building access control systems as well. APC’s Rack Access solution scales easily and can also be used for APC NetShelter SX and other brand enclosures.
At a glance
- Mass configuration of up to 130 doors makes large data centre deployments easy
- Utilising NetBotz architecture saves on IP address and associated costs
- Integrates with EcoStruxure IT
- HID technology and proximity cards enable integration with building access control systems as well
- Scales easily and can be used for APC NetShelter SX or any brand enclosures
APC NetBotz Camera Pods
APC by Schneider Electric NetBotz Camera Pods integrate with specific NetBotz appliances to aid intrusion detection and help maintain compliance.
With their combination of motion detection and advanced alerts, NetBotz Camera Pods are tailored for mission-critical edge computing and data centre environments. The surveillance functionality in EcoStruxure IT allows for long-term video storage, as well as alert tagging and searching.
At a glance
- Motion detection and NetBotz advanced alerts
- Long-term storage of video surveillance and alert tagging with EcoStruxure
- The HD Camera POD 165 integrates with NetBotz 750 appliances